Monday, March 21, 2011

Silliness


I would like to introduce to you all my goofy husband. 
Jared grew up doing anything he could to make his little sister laugh. Then I came along and now he lives his life doing anything to make either of us laugh. This was one of his attempts (he almost always succeeds). He cranked up the radio to sing along and do a little "I'm so cool" (but really just looked ridiculous) dance. To complete his act he had to be wearing sunglasses and it just so happened that mine were easier to get to. I couldn't help but get a picture so that one day our kids can see and laugh like we would when looking through my dad's old pictures when he wore the short basketball shorts.

Contrary to what some people may think Jared and I are probably one of the goofiest couples I know. I think my mom was a little surprised to see our silly side while we were taking our wedding pictures. What no one sees is that it can take us an hour to get to bed because we just end up rolling on the bed laughing. I regret that there are so many people who have never really seen my goofy side and if they have they usually express surprise to see me lightening up. Even my family thinks that I am always pretty serious and never like to have any fun. I have decided I need to be better at just being myself around others and not just Jared. One reason I came to be such good friends with Jared and loved the idea of marrying him was because I could always be my true self with him.  

3 comments:

  1. Well....that is why our loving Heavenly Father made you two for each other! I feel the exact same way with my husband! I can totally relate to the rolling around in bed laughing....last night being one of those really late nights because of that! :) As tired as I am this morning for staying up so late, I would not have changed it for the world! I hope you both are doing well. We think about you often and would love to get together sometime when you have a few minutes. Love ya!

    Love,
    JoHanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that's the case I'm glad you guys have let me get to know your true selves because I couldn't imagine you any other way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you underestimate your family. We KNOW you are goofy,Jared just does a better job of looking the part. And at home you have Ressa that takes the spotlight. No one compares to Ressa after 10:00pm. We love you both just the way you are.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete