Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I am Me

I was sitting there this morning in my milk crusted clothes, my greasy hair carelessly pulled in a ponytail, my bangs falling in my eyes and no make up on. Yet Preston looked at me with the biggest smile as if no one else in the world could make him as happy as I do. I wondered to myself why he wasn't frightened by my appearance. I know it was a silly thought but it made me think. He doesn't know that according to the worlds standards I need to lose a few more pounds and should have my hair, make up, and clothes perfect to be fashionable and pretty. Preston doesn't care what I look like. No matter what, I am still his mom and to him I am beautiful because I love and care for him. I can do anything to change my appearance but I will always be me.

I think I understand  a little better and believe when Jared says I am beautiful no matter what, he means it. While he appreciates that I take care of myself he truly doesn't care if my clothes are spit up free or if I have makeup on, he loves me for who I am and he always will .

2 comments:

  1. That's because the two most important men in your life know that you are the most amazing woman we will ever know. I love you, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've defiantly felt the exact same way many of days. It's an absolutely incredible feeling to know they love just for who we are.

    ReplyDelete