This Father's day was a pretty great day. I must admit it started out a little rough for me since we didn't go to bed until 1:00 and I was up at 6:30 but I got over it.
I didn't do breakfast since I didn't want to make Jared get up early enough to eat a nice breakfast before our 9:00 church. After church though we had an incredible lunch. Jared loves his grill so he made ribs that rivaled any good restaurant. While he prepared the ribs I worked up a green salad, fruit salad, rolls, and corn on the cob. mmmmmm
Preston gave both of us one of the best gifts. He slept for 2.5 hours which means we got an hour and a half nap and time just to ourselves. We love that little boy and have so much fun with him but it sure is nice to just be together without having to entertain a little busy body.
For dessert I made a brownie cheesecake with ganache and a strawberry sauce. I made all the parts and Jared helped me put it together and make it look pretty.
Since it is way too much cake for two of us to eat we brought it with us that evening to share with my family.
He is the perfect dad. These two are the best team to bring me more joy than I have ever known.

That cheesecake looks sooooo good! I need the recipe :)
ReplyDelete