Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tragedy

I know it has been a while since I updated the blog but my sister knew it had been three weeks (not just "a while"). Which means she checks it regularly and is just waiting for updates. She and her husband are spending 5 months in China teaching English and apparently have lots of free time and need whatever connection they can get to life at home.

I told her I would try to post every day even if it is just one picture so she has something new to see. For her sake and then ultimately for the sake of our family journaling I want to take on the challenge of posting a picture each day until they get back July 3rd.

In order to accomplish this most of the pictures will be taken with my phone since it is readily available for those candid moments. I had taken a couple picture to start posting on Friday all excited about my new plan then tragedy struck...
I was getting ready in the morning in my now normal stance with my foot on the toilet to keep Preston from playing in it. He then got frustrated and tried to bite my foot, this has also become normal. I pulled out my phone and took a couple pictures. That was going to be my first picture post. A couple hours later I put Preston down for his nap. I was going to straiten up a bit then sit down at the computer to upload all of my pictures and videos on my phone then post on the blog. While straitening up my phone landed in the toilet. I was minutes away from backing up my data!!!

I dried off the phone, stuck it in some rice, and prayed I could get it to work well enough to get my pictures and videos. The phone did not cooperate 24 hours later. It's still sitting in rice in hopes it just wasn't dry enough. If it doesn't want to cooperate tomorrow tears may be shed (there were some great videos on there) then we will try a few other methods suggested to me. 

At least it was the perfect excuse for me to actually get a nice new phone and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. haha, thanks Sereen! I'm excited to see your pictures :) Sorry about the phone, though, that really stinks...probably literally...

    ReplyDelete