I know kids are constantly growing and learning but it really feels like they grow up over night some times.We do the same things everyday but then suddenly one day i Realize how much older they are acting. It's slightly unfair that it happens for both Preston and Sierra at the same time.
As I was uploading these pictures I was noticing a theme. Sierra is getting quite the personality. I had so many pictures of her silly pictures and funny little quirks. She is no longer an infant.
Preston is also changing and growing up. His speech is getting much clearer. I still have to interpret but at least others can hear it when they know what he's saying. He's playing like a little boy crashing cars and pretending. I love listening to his car and trains (or even the train tracks) talk to each other.
There are now 4 grand kids for my parents. Little Charlie was born on August 16th. Visiting them in the hospital was one of the first moments when I realized just how grown up our kids are.
She's sitting up in the stroller now and not depending on the back for support
Bria squishing grapes into Preston's mouth. Preston has really taken to Bria and loves playing with her.
We had a couple days where they were both running fevers and just wanted to cuddle. It was so sweet to just forget about everything and snuggle with both my "babies."
For a couple weeks Sierra would constantly turn her tongue sideways and stick it out the side of her mouth
Another example of how Preston is turning into a boy and not a toddler. He is dressing himself. It may take twice as long and his shirts get a little stretched out but he's learning.
Jared and I have really been enjoying running this summer. I've wanted to do a race to have something to work toward but they kind of scare me, especially the long ones. We decided to do the color run since it is only a 5K (3.1 miles) and the main focus is just fun. After getting a little frustrated with the amount of people we had to dodge who were just casually walking we decided we're ready for more. Now the goal is a half marathon next summer. I'm still a little scared but I didn't think I could ever do what I am doing now so with a little work I know we can do it.
It was a good time and fun to do together after we convinced Preston it was fun to get dirty with the chalk and before he threw a tantrum because he couldn't decide if he wanted to run next to us or ride in the stroller.
Some of Sierra's favorite faces
Preston playing Dress up and getting his sister in on the action.
The day before the color run I had to pick up our packets. It was a big party. The free cotton candy was the best.
Preston's favorite snack. I think he likes to have it just so he can watch it pop.
Fun at the park. Preston isn't as interested in the slides anymore They're still fun but he would rather be more adventurous and climb.
A little impromptu photoshoot while playing outside. Many more of Sierra's faces.
One of her favorite treats.
I had left her around that corner and when I came back in the room I couldn't find her. She was hiding under the chair. Backed herself right in. She hasn't quite figured out forward but she's a pro at rotating and scooting backward.
A little golf practice with daddy
More of Sierra's personality showing through. She is our angel who can be a bit of a goof.
Preston absolutely loves his minion hat. It might be the middle of summer but he would wear it every day
Once of Preston's favorite places to play is in the car. Too bad we rarely let him.
She loves to eat her toes and has the flexibility of Gumby.
Some days it's not worth the fight and it's good to allow some independence. Preston insisted on the winter boots to go to the store.
While we were waiting for daddy to come home from work we had a little "selfie" fun.
When I went to get Preston up from his nap I heard him singing "birthday you. birthday you." He had found some pencils and stuck them in his bunched up blanket and was pretending it was a birthday cake. I began singing the birthday song with him and he then started moving his fingers like he was pretending to play the piano. When I told Jared how cute he was being and how excited he was about the pretend birthday cake he suggested we make a real cake. So we did. Preston was beyond excited.
He did it almost completely alone. I gave him the ingredients and told him when to stop pouring but he put everything in the bowl including cracking the eggs.
Then he filled all the cupcake liners
And even put the pan in the oven. (the picture is a little blurry because I was a little more nervous about this step and had my hands ready to help.)
When daddy finally got home we got to decorate the cupcakes with "sprinklers," ding Happy Birthday, and blow out the candles.
Preston's little friend Jackson was learning to walk and still needed a hand to hold. Preston was more then happy to help.











































No comments:
Post a Comment