Since Preston took his first couple of steps on his own last Sunday he is getting progressively more stable. He never takes more than 3-5 steps and only when we psyche him out and just let go of his hands.
All of that changed yesterday! Unfortunately we missed his biggest breakthrough. My mom was watching him while we were out. He got excited about something so she put him down and he took off walking across the room, taking about 25 steps. Throughout the night we encouraged him to walk more but he never walked quite as far as with my mom. This morning he has decided that if he is already standing up he prefers to walk, at least until he falls :).
Not only is he walking but twice this morning he turned himself around to go feet first off our bed. what?! I didn't think he even comprehended what I was trying to teach him those few times I tried.
After all that growing he must have been hungry. For breakfast he ate 2 and a half whole wheat pancakes and a handful (my size) of pineapple. That was only half a pancake less than me and breakfast is where I out eat Jared.
The phrase "he grew over night" has never felt so true.
There would be a video here if I could get a good one but I may have to wait for Jared to get home so I can be sneaky. Preston just wants the camera. At this point crawling is much faster to get to that camera then walking :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It sounds like it's time for a baby in the family.:) We LOVE Preston!!
ReplyDelete