Monday, October 8, 2012

Trying to love every minute

We sure love watching Preston grow and have tried to not wish away each stage because of the difficulties and the perceived benefits to the next stage. So far I don't regret not enjoying a stage enough. We look forward to the new things Preston learns but he is turning into a little boy way too fast. I haven't necessarlily wished him to stop growing until it has become more apparent that my "baby" is just about gone.

After months of off and on teething Preston's first tooth broke through a week ago. Unfortunately he makes it hard to show anyone the tooth and therefore impossible to get a picture of it. I'm sure soon enough it will come all the way up and will be visible with that irresistible smile of his. 

Now to teach him that biting us now hurts instead of tickles as it used to when he would bite our toes.

Several of you have told me it wouldn't be long before Preston is walking after you saw the video last week. You were right! He took his first steps yesterday during Elder Holland's talk. Granted they were kind of shuffles but the foot moved, then the other foot moved, and then he fell over. He's done it a few more times since so it really is a matter of time before they are full steps and then running. 

The other day I was at the table sewing with Preston on the floor next to me playing with the box for the sewing machine. I soon realized he was not next to me anymore so I went looking. I found him down the hall using the box as a stool.
  "mom and dad won't let me reach these from the couch so I will find another way."
I don't know how he got so smart.

Aside from climbing on boxes Preston is an expert at opening cabinets and pulling everything out. He also loves to be near me no matter what I am doing. So naturally my kitchen looks like a war zone whenever I finish with dinner. 
 I will step over all the pots, spoons, and Tupperware if it's for that happy boy.

 
Any time I open a cabinet he is right there ready to discover.

1 comment: