Thursday, October 31, 2013

Random Fun in September

I know it's almost November but I just cleaned pictures off my phone and had a few fun pictures and stories to share for posterity's sake. 

 This is at my parent's house. Preston is usually in heaven there: lots of room to run around, sand, balls, cars, and plenty of people to play with him. What more could he want?
 
 Gymboree was having a big sale the day after we found out we were having a girl. It also happened to be the day Tyler and Jessica had their baby. Naturally we had to go shopping so my mom could spoil her grandkids and I could finally buy cute girl things. Preston was definitely more of a handful than all four of the kids my mom brought. She couldn't even believe how much Preston gets into things. Finally I pulled out the fruit snacks and sat them on the window seat. It worked for a few minutes.
 Preston knows he is not allowed in the street without holding our hand. One of the many days he and I were walking up and down the sidewalk he wanted to go in the street. When I told him no he got as close as he could and slowly inched his toes forward until he was right on the edge just to see what I would do. He wasn't very happy when I persisted in telling him no. 

 Playing hide and seek. Preston chose his outfit. He wanted his jeans with the basketball shorts on top. What you can't see is the collared shirt under the t-shirt. If our girl likes clothes as much as Preston but on the scale of a girl we are in big trouble. 

 After a long shopping trip Preston and I were quite hungry so I broke into the rotisserie chicken from Costco. We have never eater chicken off the bone before so I don't know where he learned it but he made it known that he wanted to eat it off the bone instead of me picking it off for him. He's our little carnivore.
 
 I noticed it was after 5 and wondered allowed when Jared would be home. Preston immediately ran to watch for him. I sent this picture to Jared and he dropped everything he was working on to come home to his son. 

 Yes, this was in September and yes, this was snow. Preston was quite fascinated by it. Unfortunately I was both a wimp and lazy. I did not want to take him out without shoes and a coat and didn't want to go through the effort of putting them on when chances were good the snow would turn to rain by the time we were done so we watched from the window. I am really going to have to toughen up and go out in the cold a little more this winter if I want to keep this adventurous boy happy.

Our little boy is growing up. He graduated from sitting in the seat of the cart quite a while ago. He is just too restless and would rather sit in the basket where he can change positions and look through all the things we are getting. Yes, it's frustrating to keep reminding him to sit down but it's preferable to him puling at my shirt and crying at me because he wants down. One day he wanted out, so I thought I would see what happened fully expecting to have to put him back in the cart within seconds. I guess something is getting through to him. He was very good about holding on to the cart like a big boy and following where I wanted him to go. We did most of our shopping like this that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment