This year Jared had a company Halloween party and then invited the families to come trick-or-treating around the office. As a marketing team they decided to do a Batman theme. While Jared loves Batman himself he has always loved the complexity of the villains (in Christopher Nolan's version). He got creative and made himself a mask like Bane. I was pretty impressed what some simple house hold items could turn into
.
All he needed was a shaved head and then he'd look just like Bane. I wouldn't allow him to shave though.
As I was taking pictures of Jared Preston came over from eating his yogurt to get in on the action.
Preston and I decorated one of his toy buckets for him to collect his candy. He loved painting.
The funny thing about wiping paint off your face with your hands that are covered in paint is you just get more paint on the face.
He loved his bucket and carried it around all day.
I don't know where he picked it up but Preston will often find a toy he wants or put my necklace or our shoes on then wave bye and walk toward the door. It's pretty cute.
He wasn't quite sure of daddy in a mask
My mom had this horse costume in her closet and offered for Preston
to use it for Halloween. It is a size 2T/3T and should have been the
perfect size. It was the perfect size a month earlier when she gave it
to me. Unfortunately Preston grows like a weed and has a really long
torso. When I put it on him he was a little squished. I love those little squishy cheeks!
Jared's office never does things half way. They decorated the whole office with a candy land theme. we started at the entrance following the colored squares on the floor which lead us by every desk with bowls of candy. they had even set up displays of the candy stops in the game.
This year was Preston's first time trick-or-treating. It doesn't take long for a little kid to figure out what he needs to do to get candy. I was surprised though that he didn't ask to eat it. He just picked out one piece and put it right in his bucket. Of course when it came to the fruit snacks he would not let those go. He had to get creative on ways to hold his bucket and put candy in it while always keeping a hold of the fruit snacks.
This is the break room with more candy, cupcakes, cookies, and sugar any one would know what to do with.
I loved watching him be very thoughtful about the piece he chose. He didn't try to grab hand fulls from each bowl. He obediently grabbed just one but it had to be the perfect one. It was like he knew which ones he liked best. I guess packaging is a big deal.
After trick-or-treating we headed down to Provo to celebrate Hannah's birthday with my family.
The horse was a little uncomfortable so he got to be just Superman for the rest of the evening. Little did we know so was his cousin Grant. This is his first cousin on the Walker side and he loves him already.
Superman Grant and Jessica

No comments:
Post a Comment