Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sierra's Blessing

The weekend we blessed Sierra turned into a great family packed weekend. My sisters Emma and Malia were both baptized on the 29th. My Aunt Denise and cousin Kayla happened to come into town that weekend. The General Women's church meeting was the night of the 29th so all the girls in the family got together for that and dinner. Then we blessed Sierra the next day on the 30th.

The blessing was very sweet and Sierra was an angel during it. Unfortunately our ward is quite noisy with all the little kids so there were parts I was not able to hear but I think I heard all the important things. Jared's aunt Laura was so great and wrote down the blessing so I was able to read it after the fact.

 It hasn't been easy coping with the loss of Jared's dad and having his mom so far away but we are so grateful for the Harts and their willingness to step in as surrogate grandparents. Thank you John for being there for Jared.


 I love that we were able to use my blessing dress. My mom made this dress for me from left over material my grandma used to make my mom's wedding dress. 

 We are so blessed to have family close by to support us. I am also very grateful that the men have all stayed worthy of the priesthood so they can be a part of these special occasions and be an example to our kids. 



 Thank you Tyler for capturing such perfect pictures of our angel. 


1 comment:

  1. I love the 2nd-to-last picture, she has such a sweet smile! And I also love that she got to wear your blessing dress

    ReplyDelete