Tuesday, March 3, 2015

February Fun


Sunday afternoon horse rides. Sierra stayed home from church sick and just needed a little fresh air.

There are some phases I look forward to Preston growing out of but this stage can stay forever. When he's done with breakfast or lunch he brings his dishes to the sink and gets right to work rinsing all the other dishes. I've never asked him to do this. 

Sierra has taken an interest in her bottle again. Unfortunately, she's more interested in making art work on the floor then drinking it.

Park time

She found the bucket of wash cloths and crawled around wiping the floors 

When Sierra finally got over her sicknesses Jared came down with something. He got home from work and immediately went to bed. I had Preston help me draw pictures to give Daddy to help him feel better. Preston loved bringing Daddy pictures. The next day I found Preston laying in our bed pretending to be sick and asking me to draw him pictures. When he was done being sick it was my turn to be the sick one while he drew me pictures.

A picnic in February? I'll take it. I recognize that a dry winter means a dry summer with water restrictions but since I can't change it we may as well enjoy the warm weather. 

This sweetheart is loving the new toy Moma gave Preston for his birthday

 
I don't know how I got so lucky. She refused to nap but she was happy to play with this cup and spoon for almost an hour while I did laundry. She's so content

It makes a mess but I remember loving playing in the wheat when my mom would make home made bread. I had to let them have a little fun too. 

I love having home made bread. It is so much better than store bought but I don't love when this happens. 

I've seen these ridiculous bath hats on the internet and just laughed. Then I found it for under 2 dollars and I started thinking. Preston still fights me on rinsing and washing his hair. Maybe this was actually a good idea and I should try it out. Turns out, he loves it. He loves that it's like he's in a waterfall. Now the only fight is getting him out of the tub.

This was Preston helping me make decisions on what vase to buy. 

After a couple weeks of sickness and house projects we were a bit exhausted and had no interest in making dinner, Johnny Rockets it was. 

She loves to draw like Preston does. 

A lady in the ward started a toddler music class on Wednesday mornings. We meet in the relief society room and just sing nursery rhymes, dance to music, and make new friends. 
 
Preston loves it and sings the songs all week long

Preston wanted to have a picnic and brought his play food our back. 

This is what bubbles in the hair looks like

Popcorn is one of our favorite snacks

I love seeing the difference between Sierra and Preston. At this age Preston was all about knocking over the tower. Sierra just carefully took one bucket off at a time and placed it on the floor. 

They both love playing piano and each other.

Preston helping me make chocolate strawberries for a valentines day treat. he was actually very good at it. I couldn't tell the difference between his and mine.

We found ourselves in Provo and decided we needed to stop into Pop n Sweets. Jared loves hand crafted soda, I love time with the family, and the kids love anything sweet. The perfect combination. Soda and gummy snakes. 

This little girl loves to sweep and do anything I'm doing. 

Sharing a smoothie

Preston was so proud of his Wal-mart find. He was not going home with the hat but the pictures were fun. 

She's growing up too fast. She actually plays with trains on their track.

You would never know she just ate a purple Popsicle. It wasn't until she was almost done tha ti realized I had forgotten to put a bib on and she was wearing white. Thank heaven she's so dainty when she eats. Another big difference between Preston and Sierra is there cleanliness. Don't get me wrong Sierra is a typicall toddler who always has food in her hair and is still uncoordinated while eating but she is much more careful then Preston.

We got him this bike for his birthday a year ago and he has finally figured out how to use the pedals. Now he's unstoppable. 

While playing outside all Sierra wanted was to sit on Daddy's car. 
 Sierra loves the ring stacker she got from her birthday. Her favorite play to play with it is sitting at the dining room table. any way she can feel grown up. 

 Preston decided we should play duck duck goose. Since Daddy was at work and you can't play with just two people he insisted Sierra play. I didn't think that was going to work very well but Sierra loved it. She sat so still and would get up and run around when we would. 

 Preston got a Jake the Pirate birthday card from Grandma. It was the perfect card. We just discovered Jake the Pirate on Netflix and the card came with a pirate bandana

 High fives for daddy and lots of laughter

 Trying to put her feet on the pedals

 He loves being like daddy 

 Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the effort to get ready in the morning when this is the aftermath. Sierra often pulls everything out of the cabinet to explore. 

 Babies growing up means a lot less of this. Even though this is because she was having a hard time napping I am happy to soak up as much time cuddling her as I can. 

 Another Home Depot run. 

 Helping Daddy get ready for snowboarding

Since Daddy went snowboarding we decided to have some fun of our own with pizza and watching Brother Bear

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I didn't know you guys had a blog. These are such fun little snippets.

    ReplyDelete