The photos are posted in reverse chronological order and I don't have the patience to fix it so here is what we did in April from the end to the beginning.

These two become better friends every day. Sierra LOVES her older brother. She left my lap to climb into his while we were watching a movie. Preston is so patient with her and just let her climb all over him while he just dodged around her to see the TV.
My sewing helper. His job is pushing the reverse button.
Sierra does everything her brother does.
We went with my cousin David and wife Andrea to the zoo for their son's 2nd birthday. It was the perfect day for the zoo up until it started hailing then it was just exciting. Fortunately we were headed for the entrance when the rain started and were almost to the car when it turned to hail.
(Remember these are in reverse order)
All tuckered out and bundled in mom's jacket
Preston loves "berellas" and had a blast when he discovered just how useful they are under a down spout.
Jared and I are training for a half marathon. We start our Saturdays switching off going on long runs. At this point we are running about 8 miles. This is the amazing breakfast Jared had waiting for me when I got home. Powerade, an omelet, bacon, and wheat pancakes.
The first time Sierra got to lick the brownie batter spatula
I love how much they both love to read and just sit quietly together
Preston asked if we could take pictures with our phone
Then Sierra had to join in
Enjoying an afternoon at the tulip festival. I love where we live.
We decided to finally make the trip to Salt Lake to visit Daddy at work. While we were up there we took the opportunity to visit temple square. Preston loved being able to go up to the doors. Although, he did not like that the doors didn't open when he knocked.
A Sunday afternoon walk along the Jordan River
I decided I needed a dramatic change and donated my hair.
Some days are just perfect movie days so I can actually get a shower in
"Piggy back horse ride"
Snow in April made for a fun bike ride to and from the front runner station.
Sierra knows when she is tired and lets us know by finding her binki (which can be found under her bed from falling out as she sleeps) and trying to pull out her blanket
Preston found my jar of coins and decided he wanted a jar of his own so he will occasionally do jobs for me to earn money.
Learning to feed yourself with a spoon is messy business
Preston learning how to check the pressure in the tires
Preston went through a stage of always pretending to be a tiger
He requested Sierra sit on his lap down the slide
Other than her heart melting smile this is her signature face
Playing Buzz Light Year and flying onto the love sac
The quilt I made for Sierra for Christmas was tragically ruined after an incident involving throw up and the sanitizing cycle of the washing machine. I was heart broken not only because it turned out to be Sierra's comfort blanket but it represented hours of work. To help me feel better my mom took me to the fabric store and we picked out more material to make Sierra a new quilt. I prayed that she would latch on to the new one like she did the first one. I love the way the new one turned out! It's still heartbreaking to have lost the first quilt (I still have it. It just looks 20 years old and discolored) but I feel much better when I see Sierra carry this thing around any chance she gets.
Fun at the dinosaur museum. Sierra is getting so big and independent I can just let her play with Preston while I watch.
Some of our best friends in our ward moved. We had their 2 kids come play for the day while they did the finally packing and moving out.








































No comments:
Post a Comment