If there is something soft this girl loves it and will cuddle it. Even if it's just her pajamas
Our first bike ride with the trailer. We love being able to use it for both bikes and jogging. Preston insisted on wearing his helmet too.
Preston loving his "flamingo" (mango).
I love when babies are happy to get a diaper change and even ask for it. Sierra found the wipes and layed down with her legs up until I finally noticed and changed her.
Mid afternoon trip for ice cream with our best friend Jackson
This was her first cone all to herself. I normally just share mine or get her a little bowl and spoon.
We spent an evening at the tulip festival with Ressa and Jason.
In the middle of one of my morning runs we took some time to play at the park an do some strength training.
Preston found two sticks and put one on his shoulder and use the other as a bow like a violin. It was all his imagination.
We were so excited to take the kids to the Payson temple open house. Preston loves to see the temple and was very thrilled to go inside. I was a little worried about keeping them quiet as we walked through but they did great. Preston was so enthralled.
In the temporary visitor center at the temple they had a statue of Christ. Preston just had to get a picture with Jesus.
Sierra insisting to sit on Preston's lap. Preston is a great big brother to let her.
We were invited to a birthday party for Preston's cousin and he wanted to bring her a gift. She loves her play kitchen so I pulled out my fabric so he could help me chose something to make hot pads with. He picked out the material and helped me sew them.
Shelly's Dr. Seuss birthday party.
Some mornings just call for suckers (from the birthday party the night before) for breakfast and a movie.
I've been trying to spend some more designated play time with Preston during Sierra's nap. One day we made bubble snakes with a plastic water bottle, a sock, a rubber band, and dish soap in water.
To make things a little more exciting we got food coloring involved. Apparently bubbles are a great carrier of the color making them pretty but when the bubbles are gone the color is left. Preston thought it was the greatest to hide our feet in the bubbles. It left us with very green feet. I then made the mistake of leaving Preston with the bubbles for a few minutes and came back to find him well on his way to looking like the Hulk.
We love to occasionally take an afternoon or evening to go shopping together. It usually happens when we get $10 store credit at Kohls or JcPenny's. This was Preston's first ride on the carousel at the mall.
My birthday fell on Mother's day this year. Jared and the kids made sure to make it an extra special day and weekend for me. I requested "Waffle Love" waffles for dessert and Jared made them perfectly.
Enjoying the beautiful Sunday afternoon in the backyard.
Sierra is becoming quite the little helper. She knows the whole routine of washing laundry and will bring the hampers out all on her own.
Preston has always loved to color and draw. I love to see his drawings evolve and improve. This is his first recognizable attempt at drawing people. There are eyes, nose, mouth, and legs.
An afternoon playing at the play place in the mall and throwing pennies in the fountain.
Sierra throwing a tantrum because I wouldn't let her go wake Preston up from his nap.
Preston loves his soccer ball. We had to take the car in for registration and he insisted on bringing his ball.
There's something about little backpacks that kids love and that make mommies think they are just the cutest thing with them on.
Like I said, we do a lot of our shopping online. We also tend to do it all at once. We will have a week, or in this case,a day, where several packages come at once making it feel like Christmas. Then we'll go a few weeks with hardly anything.
I love those eyes!
Sweet moments with daddy
They were just playing a game where Preston did whatever Daddy did.
Preston loves his little guitar. He calls it his "Ring of Fire" guitar and will often request to play along with the song.
The many facial expressions as he sings his made up song at the top of his lungs.
On one of our visits to farm country they were replacing the glass in these doors. I wish I had a video recording of Preston attempting to push the door open and instead falling through the door they had taken the glass out of.
As we were getting in the car to go to Farm Country Preston brought his tools and informed me he needed them to fix the farm. Since it was a backpack, easily carried, I let him bring them and he made sure that farm was good and fixed.
All animals right now say "ooo ooo"
This kid has never been one to fall asleep anywhere but his bed. We've been fortunate to not have to fight him getting up when we transitioned him out of the crib. I guess he had to take at least one turn being defiant and falling asleep in the hall outside his bedroom door for his nap.
When you can't beat them, join them.
Not eating lunch and just playing around? Teach them to make noodle mustaches.
One morning Preston came into my room before I had gotten out of bed. He informed me he was going to make me protein pancakes. When I tried to get up to go help him he was quite upset because he wanted to bring it to me in bed. Fortunately, I was able to convince him to let me at least sit on the couch while he did it all by himself. It was so sweet to watch him do it all. He found all the right tools, measured the pancake mix, poured in the right amount of water, then added his secret ingredient (strawberry protein shake). I had to help him turn on the stove then eventually flip the pancakes but otherwise it was all him. When he was done we had to go back up to my bed to eat our delicious breakfast.
Preston has always hated loud noises. Fortunately, he doesn't scream anymore when the vacuum is on but he does cover his ears every time I use the blender. After watching her brother, Sierra does the same thing.

















































No comments:
Post a Comment