Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June

This was a big picture month. I didn't even include ALL the cute ones (there are hundreds)! I may be just a little crazy about all the pictures I take I just don't want to forget any stage of life or the little things that make life what it is. 

 Playing with our friends the Lukes. They have 2 kids who are both 1 month age difference from our kids. We love having them as friends and right across the street!

 Preston and his friend Mikelle were playing hide and seek on the playground, Sierra wanted to join in. She would count then walked around seeking with one eye covered. 




 Preston loves to come up with his own concoctions. Oatmeal and grapes. 

 sending pictures to Daddy at work


  We love anything water. The Highland splash pad is always a good choice. 

 Found her quietly reading in the corner

 The hat only lasted a minute but at least she was cute for that minute. So much for protecting her from the sun.

 Swimming at our pool with cousins

 Preston was trying to show me his "trick" and Sierra kept getting in the way because she wanted a picture too. 

 They both love to play cars and they both love to play dolls

We met our friends the Fletchers at a park to grill hot dogs and roast marshmallows. 

 The week before our first half marathon I finally got to the 10 mile mark in my training. This view almost made it worth it. 

 Of course getting shaved ice after we both ran such a long distance that morning was completely necessary. 


 Pure joy

 Preston's second trip to the dentist. He loves going and watching a movie from the chair. While waiting for the dentist Sierra decided to join him. 
 She loves babies

 A fun game of rolling the ball

 Another concoction/experiment of Preston's. He wanted to make chocolate water. First he just wanted to put chocolate chips in the water and when that didn't give the result he wanted I suggested the microwave.


 We've gone with my siblings up the canyon for a fire a couple years now. It's fun to just enjoy nature and each other's company. 



 Before the babies actually discovered the dirt












  Preston leading his cousin Grant back to camp

 Our newest obsession is stickers. She loves to put them all over her face or our faces and arms. It's a great tool for staying quiet in church. 

We were finally available to go to the annual chalk art festival at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake. We decide to be adventurous and not touch the keys of the car. We rode our bikes to the train station and took Front Runner downtown. We were able to lock our bikes up at the mall and convert the bike trailer into the stroller to use while enjoying the art. It was such a fun trip.







 The kids love the train! 

 Walking to church

 After constantly filling mixing bowl and various other items with water for the kids to play with in the backyard I found a kiddi swimming pool and we are all loving it. 

  Afternoon reading in the tent

 Ressa invited our other younger sister's to spend the night at her house one weekend. In the afternoon we took them to Bridal Veil Falls for a picnic. 



 After lunch we went to Jessica's so Ressa and I could try on wedding dresses Jessica needed product photos of for her rental business. Of course we couldn't resist going all out and playing dress up.




 Library visit


 Waiting for the start of the half marathon. 
By the end of our training I wasn't enjoying running much anymore and decided this would probably be my only half. I would just stick with shorter races. By the end of this race I have reconsidered that thought. I didn't love training because I was doing it alone but there was such and exhilaration to the race. I was able to do a lot better than I had planned, my goal was to have an average of 10:30 and I finished with an average 9:45. The down hill for the first 8 miles made a huge difference, I am sure. So glad I can say I did it.

 This is how we entertain ourselves for a doctor visit

No comments:

Post a Comment