Today I was excited to get to clean while Preston takes his nap. As I started to pick up his bowl I had to stop myself because of the thoughts that went through my head.
1. I love how purposefull Preston is in his play
2. We are so blessed to be able to provide a home of love and opportunities to learn for our children
3. I don't want to clean this mess because it is evidence of such a sweet boy having fun.
4. Am I crazy? I finally get the chance to have a clean house and I want to just leave it because it makes me happy?! since when does a mess make me so happy?
In the pan is his hot dog from lunch.
Preston scarfed down his hot dog and grapes for lunch then asked for more. Because he didn't eat much for breakfast I figured he really was still hungry so I gave him another hot dog. He barely nibbled it before wanting to get down. I got him down, he asked for the hot dog, I said no, put it on the counter, and went back to doing dishes. Next thing I knew he had reached his plate with the hot dog from off the counter and was now mixing it in the pot. I'm pretty sure he had no intention of eating the second hot dog. He just wanted it so he could cook with it. This is what our living room looks like on a daily basis. at least 2 or 3 bowls or pots on the table with a few mixing utensils, other various kitchen items scattered, the books he sat for 5 minutes to read with me, and his blankets he insisted on bringing when we got him out of bed on the couch. Today, this scene makes me happy.



"Please excuse the mess, the children are busy making memories." :) Not to worry, my dear! Mess is so normal, especially with little boys like ours!
ReplyDelete