Sunday, July 28, 2013

Anyone want an update?

I know it's been too long and most of you have probably given up on me but I promise I will be making up for lost time. Along with our daily routines Jared has now officially started finishing our basement, we spent a week of June in Dallas, I threw a baby shower for a good friend yesterday, and we now have one week to prepare for our vacation to Montreal.

The biggest change of all came when we found out on June 14th that I was pregnant. A couple weeks later the morning sickness hit with a vengeance. Since there are only a few hours of each day where I am feeling well I have to prioritize. Frankly, blogging is not on the top of the list. Getting dressed barely makes it up there some days. 

My due date is currently February 16th but my first doctor's appointment is Thursday so we will see what he says.

Since the most interesting part of reading someones blog are pictures here are some random ones documenting daily life. There are a lot of them.


 Some times when we are running errands around lunch and nap time Preston gets a little cranky.  In order to keep both of our sanity he gets a sunny-D that was on an end cap and easy to grab. 

 He is a little boy all the way

 When we do waffles with berries Preston prefers to just eat the berries. 

 Preston the little chef. I forgot to ask him how this concoction tasted. 

 Definitely one of Preston's favorites games. He's always under a blanket or sheets.

 After Preston threw a rock in the window well and broke the window we decided it was time to get a grate. It may not stop all the rocks but It at least keeps him away.

 one of the many morning I spent on the couch sick

 Preston's first taste of butter while helping me make banana muffins. He didn't seem to mind it. 

 The best part of helping mommy bake.

 Things get a little interesting when I'm throwing up and out of it. First he dumped juice in his hair then he crushed up crackers and dumped that in his hair. In case you weren't sure, juice acts as a glue with crackers. 

 Also a result of mommy being out of it Preston has learned it's easier to do it himself

 Because he loves being under blankets so much I figured he would love a fort. Sure enough he will read and play in his fort all day. 

 Demonstrating the best use of a suitcase. 

 He put daddy's hat on all by himself and went around the room fixing things. 

 Framing with daddy

  We're not sure where he picked this up but you know when he is truly distraught when the hand goes to the forehead.

9 comments:

  1. Sereen that is so exciting about your new addition! I love your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Being a sick Mommy with a toddler definitely has its challenges. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and clever boy you have! Hope you are not super sick in a week!! We are so so so excited to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So excited to see this announcement. :) Let me know if you ever need a break, and we can all play or I can even just take Preston off your hands for a few hours while you rest! And it's good to see the basement is going well! Let us know if you need help with that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for an update! I've been dying to know how you're doing and I'm so sorry to hear that your pregnancy has been rough. Wish I was close and I could come and help. I hope your vacation goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for babies! I hope you get over your morning sickness soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That's very exciting :) I hope you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope it goes by swiftly for you and that you fell better soon!

    ReplyDelete