It's been two months and I keep avoiding blogging because this is not an easy post to write. Since we use this blog as our family journal I feel it is an important event to record.
As we were getting ready for a day of going to breakfast and some good family time in celebration of Father's day Jared got a call from his mom. She informed him that his dad had gotten in a bicycle accident and broke his neck. Suddenly our Saturday was turned upside down. Fortunately we had a lot of family support to help watch Preston and book us plane tickets as we packed and tried to process the news. A little over 12 hours after we got the phone call we were in Dallas to be with family to help strengthen each other and prepare for the funeral.
This is the man that we all love who will always be an example of how to get through hard times and be better for it.
Judy, Mike, and Debbie. Jeff's siblings. I was glad to finally get to know them.
Our sweet Preston
This was a really cool experience to be a part of the police escort motorcade. It was amazing to watch the two motorcycle cops zoom back and forth stopping traffic so we could all pas and stay together.
Our escorts saluting as we all pass into the cemetery.
Preston and I with the Hart family.
Jeff served 6 years in the Marines so he was buried in a beautiful military cemetery in Dallas.
Presenting Tammy with the flag.
Austin demonstrating how we all felt that week.
We are so glad Ashley and her sister's live close to us here in Utah. Preston loves them.
Debbie, Meg, and Aunt Cathy
We were so grateful for the support of so many friends and family. It was a full house all week. These are just some of the cups for each person.


I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you hear that constantly right now, but I really am. I loved Jeff, he was an amazing man.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys have such a strong family unit so that you can all lean on each other. I'm especially glad you have the blessings of the temple to keep you united for Eternity.
I'm so sorry to hear about this. :( So glad you were able to be with family so quickly.
ReplyDelete