A few weeks ago I had to run to the library and decided to take Preston to the kids section for the first time. He was so excited about all the books! He immediately picked one out and brought it over to the little table to read.

After a few minutes at the table he noticed the little couches with stacks of books surrounding them. We sat there for a while reading whatever book he wanted.
After being there about half an hour we had to go finish our errands and he wasn't too thrilled about leaving, especially when I asked him to leave all the books. I don't see much point in checking out kids books at his age when there is a good chance he could ruin it but when he was so devastated to leave the books I decided he could get one. We picked a board book and he helped me check it out. Turns out it has been his favorite book the last three weeks. I think I need more books with lots of little items for him to point out.
He was so proud to have his first library book.



No comments:
Post a Comment