With the cooler weather we have had to find other ways to get out and explore while keeping warm. Here are a few of our fun outings in the last month.
The dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point:

Fascinated by the wind tunnel blowing the tissue and berry basket contraptions other kids had made.
Just like his uncle Mitchel. It must be easier to concentrate when the tongue is out.
Playing with Gideon in the water and sand
Preston loves his uncle Scott. Scott had bent down to give Preston a hug and Preston decided he would rather climb up his lap so Scott could carry him. What a good uncle he is.
Petsmart:
As we were leaving the grocery store one day Preston got very excited to see the birds in the parking lot. We watched the birds for a few minutes then I looked across the way to see the pet store. I loaded the groceries and we headed over to the pet store to see more animals. We saw cats, fish, birds guinea pigs, rats, lizards, and a few other animals that looked like mice but I don't remember what they were. Preston knows what a cat says but one particular cat was pretty scary looking. When I asked him what it says he responded "roar." I was impressed that he actually knew what mice are. I didn't think I had taught him that one but he quickly pointed out any animal that looked like a mouse and told me what it was.
Mall Play Place:
After a week of being very busy with my own projects I decided we needed a day for Preston so we headed up to the mall to play. On our way into the dinosaur play place we saw the train that gives rides around the mall. Since Preston didn't know it actually moved he was content looking at it then moving on. After we had been playing for a bit he heard the train horn and went running out to see it. By then the train was gone and the secret was out. He knew the train moved and kept watching for it to come back. When it was back there was nothing that would curb his interest or contain his excitement. I splurged a bit and payed for a ride. As I was paying the conductor he kept running from the front to the back and jumping up and down. It was a moment I wish I had a third hand or someone else with me to get a video. I have never seen him so excited about anything. He jumped right in the last car and stuck his head out the window with wide eyed curiosity the whole ride. When the ride was over he tried so hard to get in the engine car to drive it. Unfortunately that was not allowed and he was so disappointed to leave the train. All the way back to the car he had big crocodile tears as he kept calling for the "choo choo."
After the train ride. I wanted a picture and all he wanted was to drive.











Aww! What a cutie Preston is! He looks like such a happy little kid :)
ReplyDelete