Friday, April 27, 2012

Tulip Festival

About a week ago I acquired four tickets to the tulip festival. Fortunately, my parents were able to work out rides and babysitters so they could come with us before it got cold and rainy this weekend.

 
The flowers were pretty but this is my favorite picture.



 We decided tulips are beautiful but they look best in numbers and from a distance. I love all the color combinations.


 He was so good
 These were my favorites

It was such a pleasant surprise to find this section of the garden with several statues of Christ. They were absolutely beautiful. Through reading the plaque we learned these were just models for what will become life size statues scattered through this area of the gardens. The tulips were beautiful and I love spending time in nature but there was a distinct difference in the feeling of peace around the statues. I look forward to when it is complete.


 This is one of the three already full size

Christ walking on water (full size).



No comments:

Post a Comment