Yesterday was a day of discovery for Preston. He can have so much energy sometimes and will go from one thing to another destroying it and making a big mess. I have started choosing one room a day to clean in the morning then close the door and not allow Preston in there so I have at least one place to go that is untouched by the tornado. I just can't keep up with him.
Yesterday was one of those days that I just couldn't take it. So I decided to try giving him an outlet to make a mess while containing it to his high chair. To accomplish this I made oobleck. It entertained both of us for over half an hour. Half an hour that I got to enjoy a clean living room.
He was so fascinated by the stuff. He must take after me and not his dad considering he was perfectly okay with his hands being a mess.
cornstarch and water don't taste so great
But it made mommy laugh, so.....
I think I'll eat it again
I started shaking my head "no" telling him it was yucky. It turned into a game where he would eat some, scrunch up his face, then laugh and shake his head.
He also discovered daddy's shoes and tried to put them on
after trying on daddy's shoes we were up in my closet where he insisted we both wear shoes. Didn't he make a good choice?
This is what our landing usually looks like now days.
It started with one thing then he decided that was fun so he will go hunting the rooms upstairs for the best things to throw.




No comments:
Post a Comment