Here is Preston at 1 year:
Weight: 24.8 lbs / 78%
Length: 33.27 in / 100%
Head Circumference: 19.5 in / 99%
Now that we have finally figured out how to get him to take a decent nap during the day I can say he has the perfect sleeping schedule. The best part is that even when we have to deviate from his schedule he is still pretty happy.
I can't get him to try new foods but he sure loves fruit, pancakes, and any kind of sweets.
Preston can be a bit of a klutz but is tough and rarely cries when he is hurt. He always has some sort of a bruise or cut that I usually have no idea where it came from.
His favorite toys are still mixing bowls and a spoon
He's not much for cuddling but he sure is a sweet caring boy.
This kid is very independent. he doesn't like to be fed, he doesn't like to be held, he usually refuses to hold our hand and walk the direction we go, when we try to teach him something new he will do it when he decides to do it. In the mean time he will grab our hand (or whatever we are doing) to have us repeat it.
Let's not forget his nick name is Tornado for a good reason.
I still find myself looking at him in awe at how big he is and how much he has learned in just one year. I miss my baby boy but it has been so fun to watch him grow and we look forward to the years to come. I had a very strong impression before Preston was born that he would be a leader. The kind of leader that doesn't ask people to follow him they just do because he makes others feel good and want to be with him. What a joy it has been to watch him become that leader (even at this young age) in several of his personality traits and various interactions with others.
We did a little impromptu photo shoot on his birthday. Here are a few of the ones that didn't turn out too blurry because I just couldn't get him to sit still. I think these pictures do a good job of summing up his personality.
He often carries things around in his mouth. Then tries to get us to join him.

No comments:
Post a Comment