Jeff and
Tammy's gift to us was giving us a place to gather together and
activities to do to form memories and lasting bonds. We had so much fun
and it really was an awesome visit.
Two
days we were there we left the kids with Kadi's mom and sister so the
adults could have some uninterrupted fun. I am so glad we were able to
leave Preston who normally cries the whole time we leave him with
someone other than my family here. Thanks to Barbara and Amy, who were
so good with him, and cousins to distract him, Preston did great.
Go-cart racing
This
was such a fun activity, especially after I got a little more used to
the car and could go whipping around the corners. As bad as I felt for
this I think it is a story to be told. I hadn't run into any barriers
and was able to smoothly pass other racers (that doesn't mean I was very
fast though) but on one of the very last turns things went from good to
bad. I was trailing right behind Jared waiting to pass him when he
suddenly braked to take a sharp turn instead of the wide one most people
took. My reaction time was not nearly fast enough as I had not been
able to step on the break before I t-boned him,3causing my car to jump the edge of Jared's and land on his knee. He says it didn't hurt very bad and his leg was just fine after about an hour but I'm not sure I believe him.
This
duck was given to Derek a couple years ago and has been the favorite of
all the grand kids. The little -+rubber feet flap as they push it along
the floor.Such a simple toy brings so much pleasure.... and fights :)
Our other kidless activity was Whirlly ball and laser tag. Whirlly ball is
played with scoopers, a woofle ball, a backboard, and these cars. We
all thought it was just a fun game to play when we are together in
Dallas but apparently it is a national sport.
Superman and Uncle Superman saving the world
The kids loved jumping on the bean bags and it was even better when Jared threw them on the love sac
It
was so much fun to see Preston copying his cousins. They would run to
jump on the bean bags and he would follow right behind to trow himself
against it. He also learned to go up and down stairs finally by watching
them do it the way he should.
Preparing the turkey so Papa could deep fry it.
It's not a Heath Christmas with out the butter injected deep fried turkey. Even if it wasn't for Christmas day because some of the parts to the deep fryer were missing it still counts.

No comments:
Post a Comment