singing along
Since my sister is going through the temple on Wednesday, Preston's actual birthday, we had my family over to celebrate on Sunday. I'm sorry Heath and Allred family we would have loved to invite you but you either live too far away or we just didn't have the square footage to fit everyone. We love you though!
My brother Clayson (8) was very thoughtful and noticed that Preston loves to play with necklaces so he made a necklace for him. I thought it was thoughtful, Jared and my dad on the other hand were so proud to see their son and grandson get a necklace on his first birthday ;)
Olivia and Malia were also very generous and gave him a couple of their stuffed animals and a bracelet to match the necklace.
A couple weeks ago I noticed that Preston was always sitting on things. Pillows, stools, the wall, bowls, and even daddy's head. Remembering the bean bags he liked throwing himself on at Grandma Heath's house I had a hunch he would love one to sit on and climb over. It was a big hit. I wish we had been videoing when Jared brought it out. I didn't think he would know what it was at first but he got so excited when he saw it. As soon as Jared put it down Preston threw himself at it and proceeded to climb up to be king of the hill.
We'll see how long it takes him to realize aunt Jessica won't always be there to keep him from falling over when he tries to stand on it.
I also could resist getting him the Thomas the Train ball that is perfect for his two hands and bounces so well.
This is a Heath family tradition. The Bomb.
I really wanted to make it for Jared's birthday but I knew there was no way we would eat that much ice cream. Instead we made it for Preston when we would have my family of 22 people.
over a gallon of ice cream, cherries, fudge, brownies, cool whip, and sprinkles.
we had a few brownie cupcakes with cool whip frosting for Preston to eat
when he finished the cupcake he had about half of Jason's ice cream
We played what has been known as the "famous Heath charades game" or more generically "three part charades." I don't know what it is really called but it was a lot of fun to play with my family.
It was so fun to have my whole family over to celebrate with us. Even if our house is on the small side when you are talking about a family with 16 kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment