Monday, January 21, 2013

Bathroom Remodel

When we were under contract for a house about a year ago we had picked out paint, carpet, and planned many projects to be done (it needed them!). We didn't get that house but I still wanted a a fun purple and green bathroom. I'm typically drawn to the conservative colors and styles but a bathroom is the one room you can do whatever you want and if it's too much? who cares. You only spend a couple minutes at a time in there anyway, right?
Our half bath was the perfect candidate. It just felt so cold and empty and needed some love.

Before:


After:

We took one of our white trash cans and painted it purple. Today we went to Walmart, found blank canvas, and used the extra wall paint to create some art work. Some might call it abstract art, some call it whimsical, but others may call it just scribbles. Whatever you may call it we had fun creating it and this bathroom just makes me smile. 

Because the art just looks like a mess in the above picture here is a close up. I'm kind of curious if you can guess who did which one. 


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE purple and green bathrooms! It turned out fabulous! Way to go! My guess is the bottom picture is Jared's and the top is yours. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete