Just when I had given up and resigned to the fact that Preston would wave goodbye when he wanted to and not when I was trying to teach him to, he did it. Yesterday as we were leaving my parents I (out of habit not because I thought he would do it) said "say bye Preston." Next thing I know he was opening and closing his hand down by his side and saying "py py" in a little whisper. Not only that but he did it for the camera this morning. He likes attention but he is not a performer.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Bye Bye
Preston has seemed to progress quite quickly in a lot of ways. Like
walking at 8.5 months, and rolling at 6 weeks. But he sure does take his
sweet time when he wants to, things will be done his way. Even though
he could roll at 6 weeks he still refused to do it very often. We have
been trying to get him to say words or at least mimic our sounds for a
couple months but he just laughs at us and thinks it's a big joke. I
know it's not because he can't. We try to get him to mimic sounds we
hear him say all the time.
Just when I had given up and resigned to the fact that Preston would wave goodbye when he wanted to and not when I was trying to teach him to, he did it. Yesterday as we were leaving my parents I (out of habit not because I thought he would do it) said "say bye Preston." Next thing I know he was opening and closing his hand down by his side and saying "py py" in a little whisper. Not only that but he did it for the camera this morning. He likes attention but he is not a performer.
Just when I had given up and resigned to the fact that Preston would wave goodbye when he wanted to and not when I was trying to teach him to, he did it. Yesterday as we were leaving my parents I (out of habit not because I thought he would do it) said "say bye Preston." Next thing I know he was opening and closing his hand down by his side and saying "py py" in a little whisper. Not only that but he did it for the camera this morning. He likes attention but he is not a performer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Darling! I love how loud he whispers bye-bye. Derek used to do that. :)
ReplyDelete