This January was quite busy. Lots of growing and learning for all of us.
Jared
started a new job at Axis 41. This meant a new schedule an not being
close to home for afternoon visits or me bringing him the things he
forgot. We started getting up anywhere between 5:30 and 7 instead of
almost 8 o'clock. We got back to eating well and exercising. Preston
has discovered the joy of games and art. Sierra is walking and trying
all kinds of new things including finally getting teeth.
One
of our favorite winter treats is gourmet hot chocolate (melted
chocolate and cream). Sierra found what I thought was an empty cup. She
proved that there is always more.
Uncle
Colton sent a matching game to the kids for Christmas. Preston loves it
and get quite a thrill out of finding matches. He does a victory dance
every time.
She may be our happy perfect little girl but when she's teething life gets a little hard.
They love each other. As long as she isn't ruining whatever he is playing with.
Still stops to point out the clock whenever it chimes
Preston got the guitar for Christmas and likes to play along with Johnny Cache. He strums the strings and sings "Ring of Fire."
Pre nap time cuddles
Sierra went a couple days where she just layed on the floor to kick her feet and roll around
Preston's silly face with his other "cookie monster" pajamas.
Preston loves to get Sierra after a nap. This is what I find when he goes without me.
Preston always hated shoulder rides but it's a sure way to make Sierra happy
Waiting in the car as I adjust carseats
Sierra loves my brush. It is never where I think it should be.
We had quite a few sick days in January which meant lots of couch cuddles
When we can't go outside we have to get creative to make our house more interesting so we built a fort.
We
have an awesome neighbor. When she is ready to get rid of things she
checks to see if we want it before sending it to DI. Preston was so
excited about this video game bike. We love that it helped him finally
learn how to pedal.
Preston loves playing with my siblings Hyrum and Bria
After
Sierra tested out mixing in her play kitchen it didn't take her long to
figure out how much more fun it was to do in the real kitchen. I can't
cook without her begging at my feet to help.
Sierra using my brush to help Preston out after bath time. He's such a good sport.
I
found these fun cups for a dollar at Wal-mart and just had to get them.
The kids love them and Sierra was so pleased to be sitting in the big
kid chair.
Caught in the act
And
thus it begins. Preston is so thrilled to have a play mate. He is
teaching her how to use the golf clubs as swords. This activity didn't
last long before Preston got too rough not understanding Sierra is still
little.
I
had this shirt tucked in the back of the drawers for when Preston grew
into it. When he picked it out and was so proud of his choice I couldn't
say no even if it is too big.
We have a new black hole. If something goes missing chances are Sierra and the play kitchen have something to do with it.
An afternoon at the museum with my family. These kids idolize their aunts and uncles. Preston especially looks up to Casey.
This big boy has taken an interest in helping me with dishes. As long as he get to play in a sink full of bubbles.
It
had been too long since we visited the family's favorite store. We
decided we wanted to replace the floors on our main level from carpet to
luxury vinyl so off we went to Home Depot to price things out.
We
taught Preston how to play Red Light Green Light. It was a hit for both
kids. His stance every time he turned around to say red light was the
best.
Preston loves to play hide and seek. After he and I went back and forth hiding and counting he decided he wanted to hide with me and since Dad was at work Preston decided the truck was going to count. Whoever is counting has to hide under this blanket.
Sometimes I leave the kitchen in the middle of doing dishes because Preston asks me to play with him. I love a clean home but it's worth the mess to create the memories with my son.
I guess that's one way to play with the kitchen. It's very rewarding to see a gift we give get used and be loved so much.
Every child has to have a spaghetti face picture. This little girl loves her spaghetti.
I
took this picture to send to Jared to show him just how springy I was
feeling. The weather this winter has been abnormally warm. It's made me
just want to wear as many bright colors as possible and play at the park
every day.
These
animal cookies sit on an end cap at Walmart. Preston asks for them
almost every time we go. I finally let him get them one day he was being
particularly obedient. He really treasured those cookies.
Daddy
grabbed some wipes to wash off the couch. When Sierra noticed she
grabbed a wipe of her own to help then Preston had to join in the
action.
Jared has discovered his love of running. I'm glad he does all he can to make sure he is seen when he runs outside in the dark.
This is what Sacrament meeting looks like for one of us these days.
This little girl just want to grow up too fast
In case you were wondering, sticking out your lips helps you think
Hyrum and Preston in their matching superhero sweaters
Sierra
has entered a phase where she's a little more clingy and a mommas girl.
Which means I get a better workout by adding 18 lbs to whatever I'm
doing.
This
is what persistence looks like. He asked if he could watch Chip 'n Dale
and I said no. An hour later he was still just laying on the floor
looking at the case.
Preston has always loved playing games that involve the stairs and throwing something up and down.
Over
the years we've been making little changes to our diet to be healthier.
In the last couple months we've realized just how far we have come and
it feels good. I think we have reached a new level. This was my first
attempt at a home made hamburger bun and they were delicious.
Unfortunately
the last week of January Sierra caught some sort of bug that put her
out for a whole week. She was super lethargic, never smiled, and wanted
to constantly be held. It broke my heart.
While Sierra was sick I was very grateful for Preston's love of art and things I could do with him while still holding Sierra.
For
some reason the positions she was most comfortable in while sick was
hanging upside down. After much tossing and turning this is where she
finally fell asleep.
If
we weren't crazy already we were when we decided to redo the floors the
weekend Sierra was still sick and I was completely behind on all house
work. It was worth it though.
Preston loved helping Daddy and using his matching tools. Preston made sure they were side by side.
Finally
after not being willing to walk or seeing any improvement since Tuesday
we saw a ray of sunshine Saturday night. I guess Sierra was also
excited about the new floors and testing them out.
She loves her brother






























































No comments:
Post a Comment