For lunch we finally went to try the Waffle Luv truck (more on this in a minute). Dinner was teriyaki bacon wrapped chicken and grilled asparagus. Then we went to home depot for a few more supplies to do the finishing touches on our basement. It's times like this I realize how much like our parents we have become. How many couples spend their valentines date at home depot? Yet I remember my parents doing that on a regular basis for date night. At least we had enough romance, after we put Preston to bed, to cuddle while watching Les Mis and enjoying the truffles I made.
Back to the waffles. This truck has been quite popular and we've talked about trying it for a while but had a bit of a hard time spending $4-$8 for a waffle. There had to be something special about these. It was love at first bite. I got a waffle with strawberries and whip cream but I could have eaten the waffle by itself. It's a yeast based waffle with caramelized sugar on the outside. Of course we couldn't just eat the waffle. We had to dissect it with each bite trying to figure out how we were going to make these ourselves. Fortunately they catered an event at Jared's work shortly after we went so he was able to talk to an employee to learn their secrets. We didn't get any recipes but we learned what we needed to look for. We are now on a quest to perfect the recipe we found. Our first attempt was this last week. It was pretty successful we just need to play around a little more with the temperatures to get the sugar to caramelize.



That sounds delicious! Will you pretty please share your recipe and secrets are a few more attempts? Actually...just tell us the secrets you do have now! :)
ReplyDelete