Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dallas Visit

I got a call from Tammy in March asking if we would like to come down to Dallas so the family could meet Sierra. Of course, I said yes. We booked our flights and a month later we were on our way. Jared couldn't take too much time off work so I flew down with the two kids on Wednesday the 23rd of April and he came Saturday morning the 26th.

 These were my two traveling buddies. They both did amazing! I was a bit worried having to juggle both of them on my own but it couldn't have gone more smoothly. Sierra slept peacefully in the front pack while Preston explored as we waited to board the plane.


 He loved having his very own backpack and I just thought he looked so cute and grown up.

 Thanks to a direct flight and Kung Fu Panda on the Tablet we couldn't have had a better formula for an easy flight. Right at the end got a little tricky since Preston was feeling insecure with so many strange people and just wanted me to hold him. I was very grateful to the sweet lady sitting next to me who offered to hold Sierra.

 We hadn't been there more than a couple hours when Preston and Derek found the little mud puddle. Boy they had fun. 

 Sierra and her cousin Clara. Clara is 3 months older but Sierra is slightly bigger. What a petite little girl Clara is. 


 We spent a lot of time just enjoying playing with cousins and soaking up the beautiful warm weather. 

 Kadi got these blow up hammers for the boys to play with. We had to set a timer and trade off. When Derek and Isaac had them they chased Preston and Andrew around the yard just waling on them. When I noticed what was going on and that the younger boys weren't having too much fun I put an end to it. I couldn't help but laugh when it was Preston and Andrew's turn and the roles were reversed. Derek wasn't thrilled with the same treatment. 

 
Grandma and Bryce came to read stories and help me put kids to bed. 

 Off to the aquarium.

 Preston loved all the fish and was not thrilled when I would ask him to look at the camera and smile.
 All of the fish were Nemo to him. 

 We stopped for a few minutes so I could feed Sierra. The kids just ran around climbing on this wall of fish fossils. Preston ran ahead so Kadi went after him. When they came back he was telling me all about the jelly fish. He was so excited to go back when we finally started going again. Unfortunately it was too dark and I had my hands full so I didn't get a picture of what was probably his favorite part. 
 I love this sweet face. 

 while all the other kids ran to the play set Preston and Emeri we enthralled with touching the star fish and crabs. 

Unfortunately, I woke up early Friday morning throwing up. We spent that day just chilling while I sat on the couch trying not to throw up more. I spent the next two days up and down and not wanting to eat anything.
 
  This is how we spent Friday. 

Finally Monday morning my appetite and energy were back. Just in time for a day at the zoo. 

She was content to chill out in the stroller

Checking out the elephants





While we were eating lunch Preston saw a group gather on this barrel to take a picture. When they left he insisted on taking a picture too. 



Each of the kids had to take a turn pretending to be eaten by the alligator.
Preston was a little conservative and just wanted his arm eaten.

After walking around for several hours playing in the water was a welcome treat.
The adults loved the chance to sit in the shade

Preston loved practicing jumping off the rocks

I was so proud of Preston for being willing to pet the goats.
this squirl was very friendly and let the kids get close to feed it crackers.
All that being pushed around and carried is exhausting work. 

The most eventful part of the day was on our way to Cold Stone after the zoo. Preston fell asleep as soon as he got in the car. After about half an hour of driving he suddenly woke up and threw up anything in his stomach. Fortunately I was next to him and was able to grab handfuls of the napkins from the floor to keep it from going all over the car. I wasn't as successful keeping it off Preston's clothes and car seat. Since his clothes were soaked we had to make a quick run to Ross while everyone gathered across the street for ice cream. I sent Jared in to get one outfit and he came back with 4. They were all too cool, he couldn't pick just one.
Of course after that Preston was good as new and acted like nothing was wrong even though a few hours later he threw up again.
 
Preston loves his daddy
The flight home was just as perfect as the one there. Even with two kids I found it to be one of the most relaxing flights we have had. Even though Preston had his own seat he wanted to sit with daddy and daddy was happy to get whatever cuddle time he could.
 
Several weeks later while coming home from my parent's we heard Preston in the back seat making up a song. The only words in the song were Derek and house. I think it's safe to say he loved our visit as much as we did.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Sierra in the stroller with her striped jumper and pink bow. She has such perfect squishy cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete